We at Kolkata Law Firm provide assistance and comprehensive advice in matters of taxation laws and add value to their business and transactions. Our team of Tax Law attorneys provide services in the areas of Direct Taxes and Indirect Taxes.
The Direct Tax practice includes assisting companies in planning and optimizing their fiscal obligations, while complying with relevant domestic and foreign regulations. We advise on issues of Corporate Taxation such as ICDS Compliance, protection under Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA), Taxation under Startup, Filing Returns, etc., transfer pricing such as consultancy related to applicability & regulation compliances, etc.
The Indirect Taxes includes assisting our clients on issues related to FEMA, import compliances, exemptions, custom valuation, etc., Service Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), Excise Duty, Goods and Services Tax (GST), etc.
We represent our clients before Government Taxation Authorities, Appellate Authorities, High Courts, the Supreme Court of India and other Tribunals. We also represent our clients before the Director General of Foreign Trade, Department of Revenue, Central Board of Excise and Customs and other appropriate authorities.
Services provided by the Firm includes:
- Assisting multinational clients on DTAA, tax holidays available to 100% Export Oriented Units, Special Economic Zones (SEZ), and Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ).
- Assisting clients in matters relating to tax aspects of commercial transactions, sales, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and reconstruction.
- Advising on offshore tax issues, VAT, service tax, Customs procedures, import and export levies, valuation planning, classification, warehousing, duty entitlements etc.
- Assisting clients with documentation relating joint ventures, mergers, asset purchase agreements, shareholders agreements and documents relating to financing and employment.
- Advising on issues relating to entry tax, excise duty implications, etc.
- Assisting foreign companies seeking to distribute their products in India to ascertain customs, countervailing and other duties applicable on their products.
- Advise on Transfer Pricing.
- Advise clients Advance Tax Rulings in respect of a Transaction. and
- Handling litigations related to excise, customs, service tax, sales tax, etc.